Friday, December 30, 2011

What’s That I Hear?

We’re beginning to pick up right where we left off eight weeks ago.  Yesterday Jim, Ellie, Randy, Terry, Judy, and I headed for Big Daddy’s for lunch.  To our surprise, Big Daddy’s is closed for maintenance/renovations and will not be opened again until January 3rd.  Oh, oh!!  What now? 

There is a restaurant that we’ve been meaning to try, and have been told that it was good, but we had just not gotten there yet.  So, we made a bee line to Kraver’s (well, a bee line with a left and a right turn in it).  It was a good little drive and Jim thought that we were going to have to stop for lunch along the way.  But the food was good; it’s not Big Daddy’s, however, it will certainly do in a pinch.

Other than that excursion, house cleaning was the order of the day.  The poor house looks like the Poor House.  We’ve been slack in our household chores over the past few weeks.  Why, while we were w*rking there was a four day period that the bed never got made.  That’s almost the unpardonable sin in the eyes of my bride.  Anyway, the house got a good sweeping and vacuuming, but the more we cleaned the more we found that needs to be cleaned.  This is gonna take some time folks.

The weather around the Gulf has been fantastic.  Blue skies with the sun shining and temps in the sixties – heading for seventies today and tomorrow.  Just the way we like our winter weather – over medium.  Today I start washing the rig but, what’s that I hear?  Do I hear the beach calling?  I think I might!!!  Go ahead, twist my arm.  With Nook and lawn chairs in hand, what could be better?  Oh yes, need some iced tea as well.

Take Care Until Next Time  - - - - - - - - -

1 comment: