Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Breaking Of Bread

Mike, Peggy, and Winne arrived safely and was tucked nicely into their stall by four o’clock.  Fortunately they managed to escape some of the coldest weather this winter in the Northeast with temperatures heading for minus 12 degrees.  Tha-tha-that’s cold folks.

Judy and I hosted the traditional travel day dinner for them along with Randy and Terry in attendance.  Knowing how much Mikee enjoys his “chowdahs”, I went to the beach real early in the morning, at low tide, and dug two pecks of clams.  After shucking them and peeling up a bunch for freshly dug ‘taters, I prepared a special George Patterson New England Styled Clam Chowdah.  As a side, we had a delicious garden salad made with several varieties of freshly picked vegetables. 

My mother always served hot out of the oven yeast rolls with dad’s clam “chowdah” so, in honor of her, Terry baked up a fresh batch of said rolls which we served heaped with country fresh “buttah”.  Boy, that was a feast fit for a king!!!  You could just smell the fresh salt breeze and hear the waves breaking onto the rocky shoreline with the sea gulls squawking in the background. 

After everyone left, and the dust settled, I watched a couple of art shows on PBS.  One was a lady doing a painting with water colors and the other was The Best Of The Joys Of Painting with Bob Ross.  I enjoy watching him create “Happy Little” paintings.  It takes me about two weeks to paint what he accomplishes in a half hour.  I really don’t care much for his paintings, but do enjoy watching his technique.   I can’t wait for it to warm up so I can get outside to paint.  I need just a tad bit more room then I have in the house and, besides that, I tend to be a little bit (a whole lot) messy.

So, those were the highlights of the day.  Other than that, we had spent the rest of the day just doing the routine things; housekeeping, getting in our daily walk, reading, etc.. 

Take Care Until Next Time - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment