Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh, Give Me A “Brake”

With yesterday being such a beautiful day, it was time to strike an outside task off the Ol’ Ta Do List so the truck now has new brake pads on the front wheels.  Mike, my expert mechanic friend, gave me a hand and it was surprisingly easy – a lot easier than the last time I changed out brake pads.

Mike, Randy, and I made a morning run into Foley’s Home Depot and Lowes so Mike could pick up some water hose supplies and then we stopped at NAPA so I could buy some new brake pads.  By the time we returned home, it was time for lunch.  Then Mike and I got started on the brake pad change out.  It only took us a little over an hour to do the job leaving me some time to sit outside and read for awhile while Judy was at crocheting.

Being the wonderful husbands that we are, Mike and I took our brides out to Olive Garden for a Valentine Day’s dinner.  We all had different entrees along with the bottomless salad bowl and endless bread sticks.  It was all yummy and we all left satisfied with full bellies.

Judy J. and I spent the rest of the evening playing on our computers and reading some more.  Why all the reading?  Well, I’m reading a series of books and had put books 2 and 3 on hold.  Book 3 showed up before book 2 so I held off reading it hoping that book 2 would show up before I had to return book 3 which it did.  With Ebooks you only get two weeks to read a book without the ability to renew it.  So, to make a long story short (too late for that), book 2 finally showed up leaving me six days to read both book 2 and book 3 – book 2 was 444 pages long while book 3 is 384 pages long.  Therefore, I sped read book 2 and am now finishing up book 3 which is due back tomorrow.  Didcha follow all of that?  Good, now it’s onto book 4.

That’s it for now.  God Bless Until Next Time - - - - -   

2 comments:

  1. Darrell, I am wondering if you are using a public library with your eReader? We have a Nook but have never looked into “borrowing” books for it.

    John
    relaxedrush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it...but really curious about what series you're reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete