Friday, August 17, 2012

It’s Been A Long Time Coming

I’ve threatened it in the past, but always succumb to the pressures.  Well, yesterday I did it and “it’s been a long time coming”.  I “stood” in my PJs all day long.  We were supposed to go to Grand Rapids to see our son, but the weatherman threatened us with severe thunderstorms so we postponed our trip until today instead.  Therefore, other than a few household chores I had very little to do so I “stood” in my PJs and spent most of the day reading.

I downloaded the first three books in “The Cat Who . . .” series onto my Nook from the Orange Beach Public Library and began reading “The Cat Who Could Read Backwards”. It’s an easy, fun read without any profanity, sex, or violence – just good clean healthy reading.  So, it rained and I read.

Judy continued working on the baby Fortner quilt.  She is doing the “potholder” quilting method and has a few blocks assembled.  It’s turning out to be a little more work than she had envisioned, but it will be one neat looking Paddington Bear baby quilt when it is finished (pictures to follow after Mary has seen it).

Katie and Alex are just two contented kitty katts.  They feel very warm and secure having dad and mom around all day.  They don’t like the w*rking gigs any better than we do.  However, don’t get the impression that they are spoiled pussy katts because they’re not – a little pampered, maybe, but not spoiled.

Now, as for our illustrious landlords, they loaded up their RV yesterday morning and headed down state to visit with their daughter’s family leaving us to “mind the store”.   That adds even further to the tranquility of living in the woods.  Don’t get us wrong, we really enjoy Ray and Pat’s company but, we also like having this little piece of heaven all to ourselves.

So that pretty much wraps up our rainy day in the woods.  Hope you all are experiencing a nice peaceful existence.

May God Bless  - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment