Thursday, November 18, 2010

If It’s Wednesday, It’s Home Group

Our Wednesday night home group shares a meal together (I know, another food extravaganza) with each week having its own theme.  Last week was Mexican and this week was “Gas Station Food”.  Everyone was to bring something for the meal that they purchased at a fuel station. 

We found that the Foley Depot (corner of highway 98 and county road 65) has an excellent BBQ and we were able to purchase a nice tasty BBQ’d pork butt – voila, our contribution.  That was a whole lot better than the Slim Jims and Rat Cheese that I had threatened to bring as we left last week.

The evening menu consisted of fried chicken, fried creamed corn nuggets (ya gotta love these southerners, they’ll fry anything!), beef enchilada, chicken enchilada, pizza, sub sandwiches, and the BBQ’d pork.  There was ice cream and packaged donuts for dessert (we passed on the donuts).  The two enchiladas were extremely huge – each one would easily feed four people without having anything else and they were good.

What a great bunch of people, we are truly blessed to be a part of this group.  If we didn’t know better we think that these people were fulltime RVers. 

After the meal we all joined together for a Bible study and prayer time followed by some more socializing afterward.  Wednesday nights will definitely be one of the highlights of our weeks while we are here in Alabama.

Yesterday morning Judy went to her beading group while I attended an art class.  That’s something that I would love to be able to do and Gil makes it look so easy, but, alas, I just don’t seem to have an artistic bone in my body.

Now it’s onto Thursday.  Judy has another basket weaving endeavor while I have my “Ta Do List” to work on (I guess the Ta Do List is my hobby).  Whatever!!!  Take Care Until Next Time - - - - - 

1 comment: