Sunday, October 23, 2011

Will She Or Won’t She?

Our breakfast date went pretty well, so good, in fact, that I’ll probably ask her out again sometime in the near future.  Next time I might ask her to go steady, will she or won’t she?  But you remember the old adage, “Early to bed, early to rise”?  Well, I’ll need to change my habits or else, “my girl will go out with other guys”!!  Alrighty then, back to the breakfast date, Judy had pancakes smothered with cherries while I had eggs, hash browns, and biscuits with fried chicken and gravy on them (not exactly healthy, but darned good).  Now onto weight loss – yeah, right!!

This weather we’ve been having has been just exquisite.  Cool at night, just right for sleeping, and in the seventies during the day, just plain beautiful.  And the skies are not cloudy all day, who could ask for anything more?  Plus, the cooler weather has slowed the grass growth down a little; it’s been over a week since I last mowed the lawn and it still doesn’t look like it needs a hair cut.

So, what’s on the agenda for today?  Well, it’s Sunday – that means it’s time to join together in worship.  Then I don’t really know.  When I was an itty-bity boy my mama (and daddy) would take me for a ride on them old country roads back home.  I was an only child, except for my brother.  Anyhow, maybe I’ll take my girl friend out for a ride.  I’ve been wanting to check out a park at Point Clear.

That park is located right on a point with views of Week’s Bay, Bon Secor Bay, and Mobile Bay.  You can, also, see Fort Morgan and Dauphin Island from the park.  So, while the weather remains nice and before we head north, it would be worth the drive just to check it out and see if it’s a nice beach area or a dud.  So, maybe today will be the day, only time will tell.

Take Care Until Next Time  - - - - - - - - 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you folks had a great day....will she? I'm not a betting soul but if I was I'd bet YES :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy made me take her to CB yesterday for lunch! See - it really is "All Darrell's Fault."

    ReplyDelete