Friday, September 07, 2012

Getting A Late Start

We got another late start again today.  I guess us “old folks” are wearing down; I didn’t want to roll out of bed this morning. 

We can report that Catia’s tests all showed “normal”.  “They” suspect “exercise induced asthma”.  Never heard of such a thing but, “they” are Vanderbilt where all the smart doctors reside.  I think “heat exhaustion” is a more likely the answer.  In any case, it was good news that there aren’t any heart issues.

The molasses cookies were a success.  The recipe had to be altered so Mr. Radek, who has diary related allergies, could partake in the homemade cookies.  That tended to change the “look and feel” of the old fashioned cookies that I remembered so well, however, they were still good and the kids had fun making them.

I did start to mow the lawn yesterday but, the heat drove me inside after about a half hour.  I was soaked from sweat and it took a couple of hours to just to dry out while at the same time downing lots of ice water.

Well, I guess that pretty much sums it up for today.  So, May God Bless  - - - - - - - - -

1 comment:

  1. Yup, exercise-induced asthma is a real condition which was diagnosed late in my life. Sure did explain a lot of things I have struggled with over the years.

    ReplyDelete