Thursday, July 14, 2011

Winding Down

Our time here in Belfast is winding down.  Tomorrow we’ll pull up the stakes, pack up the tent, and hit the road.  We’ve been in the great Pine Tree State since the end of April and will be spending a few more days in Topsham.  We really enjoyed our stay once it warmed up.  Our entire stay at Wild Duck was cold and damp.  It really wasn’t until we moved to Belfast at the end of June that we began to see warmer weather.

While in the Belfast area, we were able to revisit a lot of my old haunts as well as spend a lot of time along the mid Maine coast line.  Now it’s time to set our sights on other destinations.  As my dad used to say, “It’s time to go out west – to New Hampstir.”

Here are a few more pictures from around the Belfast Waterfront.  I guess you can take the boy out of Maine, but you can’t take Maine out of the boy.  That certainly is true of this boy and the Penobscot Bay area.

DSCF8144

DSCF8159

DSCF8151

DSCF8149

Somewhere in the early morning hours of this very day, I began my 46th journey around the sun.  What a ride!!!  Yep, today is my natal day.  Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me . . . . . .   Where’s Joan when you need her?  (Sorry, only our Rainbow Plantation family will understand that one).

Image of Happy Birthday (cake)

That’s all Folks!!!  Take Care Until Next Time  - - - - - - - -

1 comment: