After church we had a quick lunch and then I made a mad dash to feed the fire ants before the rain began to fall. The fire ant insecticide that we purchased at Lowes calls for watering it down after application. With rain rolling in for the afternoon, I figured it was a good time to spread it on the lawn.
It didn’t take long to feed the fire ants, so I was able to quickly retire to my recliner for an afternoon of football. It was a good day with the Titans and the Patriots winning their games. While the games were on, both Judy and I played on our ‘puters (“there’s no multi-tasking in RVing!!!”).
So, that was pretty much it for the day – exciting, huh? Today we start working on the infamous “Ta Do List”. Judy has a couple of activities that she wants to attend at the clubhouse and we have another “get together” scheduled for this evening, so be sure to check us out again tomorrow.
In the meantime, here’s a copy of an email that I had forwarded to me. It doesn’t fully define our political views, however, it certainly gives one something to think about:
WALMART VS. MORONS
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who
run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.
This should be read and understood by all Americans - Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!
A. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
B. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
C. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
D. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.
E. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
F. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
G. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars. To all 535 voting members of the Legislature, It’s now official - you are ALL corrupt morons!
It’s a sad state of affairs to say the least. Washington, D.C. is out of control and waaaay out of touch with “we the people”. “We the people” need to be very diligent in the upcoming election as well as the next two national elections (2012 and 2014) in order to make our voices heard – Loud And Clear. It takes three national elections to “clean house” of all the dead wood as only one third of the representatives are up for election/re-election at a time. Our votes are the only way to obtain election reform in this great country of ours. For information as to where the candidates stand on the issues see Project Vote Smart.