Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Little Trip Into Town

Yesterday morning, while we were waiting for the rain to clear out, we cleaned the house and got ourselves ready for outdoor play.  Once the weather conditions were right, that is, no more rain, we trudged ourselves uptown.  Petoskey has one of the last remaining downtown J. C. Penney stores in the United States (there are only eight of them left). 

When we lived in Harbor Springs, we did a lot of shopping at the downtown Petoskey J. C. Penney store.  This particular store always (and I emphasize the word always) has something that will fit me.  I needed some new khaki shorts for w*rk and I like the St. Johns Bay cargo shorts.  The only other store we’ve found that carries them is in Queensbury, N. Y. so I generally have to order them.  Nope, not at the Petoskey store.  They carried them and had several different colors of them in my size.  Also, they had some nice tee shirts as well.  To top it all off, both the shorts and the shirts were on sale – $12 for the shorts, $5 for the shirts.  Why, you can’t beat that with a stick.

It was a nice little jaunt along the waterfront, through Bayfront Park, and into town (1.2 miles one way).  As the clouds pushed away and the drier air filtered in, it became a wonderful summer’s day so we did a little walk about the downtown area.  Now hang in there, we are going to snap some pictures around Petoskey just to give you the flavor of the area and will present them in a spread later this week.

Today being Sunday, we are going to attend the church we attended when we lived in Harbor Springs.  It will be nice to see some old familiar faces.  Speaking of church, it’s time for me to go wash behind my ears, brush my teeth, and comb my hair.  Gotta look presentable, ya know!!

Praise The Lord and May God Bless  - - - - - - - - -

3 comments:

  1. have a great day, glad to see you found your fav shorts and tees...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your first day on the job is a good one, even though it is a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if your property is under water. Mobile had 15+ inches of rain. Aren't you glad you are where you are?

    ReplyDelete