Friday, June 29, 2012

We Never Get Done

I was talking with an old workmate one day about retirement.  He said, “Oh, I could never retire.  I don’t know what I would do with myself.  What do you find to do all day?”  I told him that I didn’t know what I do all day, but that I never get done.  Well, yesterday was that kind of day.

We can’t tell you what exactly we did all day, but we stayed busy.  Before we knew it, it was time for bed.  Where did the day go?  It went by so quickly and we didn’t get done!!  There are some people who retire to a rocking chair.  That may give them something to do, but it doesn’t get them anywhere.  Although there are days that a rocking chair is very appealing, we have more than enough on our plates to do.

For instance, Judy has some sewing that she’s been wanting to get to and I have two bicycles that need tune ups and tires.  We didn’t get around to either of those things.  We did get a nice walk around the parks accomplished.  We did get the bed made and the dishes done.  We did get some laundry done.  Judy did get a hair cut and pick up some items at Uncle Wally’s.  We did get a pizza for dinner.  We did get some computer time.  We did play a game of Sequence.  We did watch some West Wing.  We did talk with the neighbors.  We did get the tanks dumped and the water tank filled.  We did trim the katts claws.  Oh yes, we did get our showers taken.  And I’m sure there’s a half dozen other items that I’ve forgotten, but there’s still things “left on our plates” that we didn’t get done.

So, I don’t know what we do all day, but I can tell you that “we never get done”.  We’re worn out just thinking about it, maybe we should “stood” in bed today.  Nah, that dawg won’t hunt!!  There’s too much to do.

May God Bless  - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment