Thursday, July 15, 2010

Birthday Boy

Felicitous Natal Day to me!!!  Yep, yesterday began a new year for me.  One year ago yesterday I was headed to Saratoga Springs National Battlefield with ten dollars in hand to acquire my Old Foggie’s Card (that be the America The Beautiful Senior Pass).  Good things come to you if you live long enough to reach old age (last year) but, this year it just adds insult to injury – basically, this year and next year nothing special happens to you but, the following year you acquire more benefits in getting to old age. 

Oh well, I had a great birthday none the less.  I get to live with a beautiful woman who loves me in spite of myself, have four great children, three great children-in-laws, and six of the greatest grand kids in the whole wide world.  On top of all of that, I have wonderful family and friends scattered across this land and get to live in the greatest country on earth.  And, as if all that isn’t enough, I get to live in a house with wheels with the freedom to roll wherever I want to go.  Life is good, indeed!!!

So, what did I do for my birthday?  Well, we went out to pick up our mail at the Post Office and sat around doing some reading.  The highlight of the day was dinner at Greg and Dawne’s house in Knoxville (Greg and Dawne are our daughter’s in laws).  Then it was home for some television before hitting the hay.  Doesn’t sound a whole lot different than any other day, does it?  That’s cause when you reach old age, you just don’t celebrate birthdays.

Today we are going to visit the Secret City of Oak Ridge, Tennessee.  Oak Ridge was established in the early 1940s as a home for the Manhattan Project which was the government project that developed the atomic bomb.  The results of that project were felt by Japan and brought about a fast conclusion of World War II.  So check in tomorrow for more information and pictures. 

Until then; Be Safe, Have Fun, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment