Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Approve Of This Message

It’s getting nasty.  The election year politics, that is.  It’s one lie after another.  You know how to tell if a politician is telling a lie?  Yep, you got it.  If his/her lips are moving.  It’s lies, lies, lies, and distortion, distortion, distortion.  And it’s not just one party either.

So, how do you know what is true and what isn’t.  There are several websites out there that check out the facts.  The one I use the most is FactCheck.org.  There are other links on that website that also check out the true facts.  Before you get caught up in spreading misinformation about the candidates, take time to check out the facts first. 

I can tell you that the Obama campaign is responsible for spreading more “untruths” and “distortions” than the Romney campaign, however, the Romney campaign is not squeaky clean.  Note that I am saying the “campaigns” which may or may not be through the candidates themselves.  I just wish that the candidates would quit telling us all about their opponents “shortfalls” and tell us what they propose to do about the issues. 

I don’t know about you, but I feel like I’m buying a “pig in a poke”.  All I know is that we’ve lived through the last four years and I don’t give a damn who started it.  I’m tired of the “blame game” – “just fix it”.  The fact is that the current President has been unable to fix it and it is “Time For Change”, in my opinion.

Also, keep in mind that it’s not only the Presidency that’s up for election but Senate seats and Congressional seats as well.  We need to be diligent about checking out where those candidates stand as well.  Here’s another site that you just might be interested in; Smart Voter Project.  You can answer questions about the issues and then see how the candidates line up with your views.

We urge you to be involved for this election.  Things have to change in Washington.  The economy, health care, etc. needs to be addressed with a reasonable approach.  In order to solve these issues, we need people smarter than they were when they created this mess in the first place.

I Approve Of This Message and May God Bless America - - - - - - - -

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the web address. It is hard to sort through what's true or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post and thanks for the links. I agree with you. It is time for civility in elections. A friend of mine suggest it is time to forego the national conventions. We certainly already know who is running. There is no need for the roll call vote from the floor when each state proudly announces their choice. My friend suggested that the candidates face of fon the popular TV show Wipe Out. People would certainly watch with more enthusiasm than they would watching the convention.

    ReplyDelete