Monday, August 27, 2012

That’s The Best I Have

Until yesterday I didn’t even know that there was a person named Snooky but, there it was across all the news.  Snooky gave birth.  Who cares?  Hundred of thousands of women gave birth and I didn’t hear anything about them so why should I have to hear about someone I never even knew existed giving an illegitimate birth to a child?  That’s right, this Snooky person isn’t even married, yet Moe, Larry, and Curley (NBC, CBS, and ABC) feel this is newsworthy information.  I guess it is a step up from all the political bull…, eh, I mean, nonsense they’ve been serving up.

Something that is newsworthy is Hurricane Isaac.  That thing is going to affect each and everyone of us.  Did you know that the gas pump at your local station is piped directly to the oil platforms in the Gulf?  “They” are closing down the platforms for the storm for the next two or three days which means that on Wednesday you’ll be pulling up to the gas pump and not a drop will come out of the pipe; therefore, the price of gas needs to escalate this very instant.  We can be assured that the oil companies would never, never, never gouge us.

Well, it sounds like I’m in a grumpy mood this morning, doesn’t it?  Not really.  It’s just that we didn’t do anything yesterday that gave me something to write about.  We watched the worship service from COTES yesterday morning and went to the Sunday evening worship service at WOC.  In between, we never even left the house.  Judy worked on the baby Fortner quilt and I did a little reading.  It was nice to just lounge around the house.

We have today off as well and we plan to hang around the house again.  We may visit the swimming pool for a bit but, other than that, we’ve got some chores to do.  Judy will continue to work on the quilt (the baby will be here soon) and I’ll finish reading the “Forgotten God” by Francis Chan.  This evening we’ll go to watch Catia’s soccer game.  We’re here and it’s all about grand kids, ya know.

So, that’s the best I have this morning.  May God Bless  - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment