Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Just Another W*rk Day

Wh-wh-what’s happening?  “Grandpa!!”  Wh-wh-where am I?  “Grandpa, it’s time to get up?”  Who-who are these people?  Oh sh-shucks.  I don’t WANNA get up!  Was I sleeping when you work me up?

Does that sound familiar?  Yep, ‘tain’t even six o’clock.  I must have been dreaming about grand kids because it was Alex that was tromping all over me.  Momma sent him up stairs to wake me up.  We have to get an early start so we won’t be late to w*rk and get fired from our J*Bs. 

Yesterday grandpa went on a couple of dates.  Yep, grandpa took his grand daughter, Catia, to get Katie and Alex some more “fude” and vitamins at PetSmart.  On our way home we stopped by Mona’s for some ice cream cones.  After w*rk grandpa took grandma to Kroger’s to pick us several items and, on our way home, we stopped by Papa Murphy’s to get grandma a pizza for dinner.

After dinner, we watched some of the Republican Convention.  Can you believe the nerve of President Obama?  Starting a hurricane just to divert attention from the Republicans.  That guy will do anything and say anything just to keep his job.  But in spite of it all, Ann Romney gave a great speech and Governor Christie presented a great “call to arms”.  The basic message was that “It’s Time For Change” and “Yes We Can!”  Uhmmm, the more things change, the more they stay the same.    

Well, it’s time to go wash behind my ears and throw on my glad rags.  There’s little faces waiting to be tended to.  So,

May God Bless  - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment