Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Funny Thing Happen On The Way Home From The Brunch

While sitting here sipping coffee yesterday morning, I asked my bride if she would like to go out to breakfast.  She thought about it for a minute and stated that that might be a good idea.  Then I asked if she would like to drive to Topsham and have breakfast with Mike and Peggy at the Copper Kettle.  She thought that that was a great idea.  We could have Brunch instead of breakfast.

So, after a phone call, the brunch was all arranged and we met Mike and Peggy at their house around ten o’clock.  Then we made our way to the Copper Kettle for another fine meal.  It was well worth the drive, besides, Judy J. wanted to visit JoAnn Fabrics to pick up a few crafting items.  Unfortunately they didn’t have the “stuff” she was looking for.

Being that JoAnn was unable to meet her needs, I told my bride that we would stop by Michael’s on our way home.  It was on our drive back from Topsham when a funny thing happened.  The clouds parted, the sky opened up, and, for a minute, I thought that maybe it was the end of the world, but, alas, the sun broke through.  Yep, our good old buddy showed up.  It was a short stay, only a few hours, but it was great to see him once again. 

“Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy!!!”  When we got home, I got out my painting “stuff” and worked on my current painting, what fun.  Judy found her supplies at Michael’s and spent the afternoon working on her projects.

So, it was a good day.  Brunch with friends, shopping at craft stores, working on our hobbies, and a visit from our oldest, bestest friend – Mr. Sunshine.  Life is Good, RV Life is Better.

Take Care Until Next Time - - - - - -   

No comments:

Post a Comment