Monday, July 25, 2011

The Cousins

Don’tcha just love it when a plan comes together?  We arrived at cousin Cheryl’s (and John’s) just before noon.  After a quick survey of the “lay of the land”, I showed Judy where I wanted the tires of the rig to land.  Judy scuffed a “line in the sand”, manned the radio, and backed me right onto the mark.  No pulling forward or repositioning of the rig required.  It’s always fun to do this kind of thing when you have an audience.  Especially when you have to back down hill and “jog” around the house in order to get into position.

Part II of don’tcha just love it when a plan comes together?  The WD-40 seems to be doing the job on the front jacks.  They have been performing just as they are supposed to.  John has a great workshop here, so I could work on them, or anything else that I wanted to, while parked in his driveway.  But, it appears that that won’t be necessary.

Now to the rest of the afternoon / evening.  Robbie and Bonnie arrived first and then Glen, Anne Marie, and boys (Brett and Scott) showed up.  Tim came later as he had to work.  Tim, Robbie, and Glen are my cousins – Cheryl’s brothers.  Cheryl cooked up some steak, hamburgers, and hot dawgs on the grill and served them up with “con on the cob”, ‘tater salad, coleslaw, and a zucchini salad.  Wow, everything was sooooo gooood!

Then we retired to the front porch to visit for the rest of the evening.  It was great, it has been years and years since I have seen my cousins.  All four of the Riley children commented on how much I looked like their dad, my Uncle Clyde.  Being that he was my favorite uncle, that was quite an honor for me.  Now, it’s time to meet the Rileys – in birth order.

DSCF4885DSCF4863DSCF4884DSCF4874DSCF4881

Today, Judy and I will just hunker down and enjoy visiting with Aunt Marge while everyone else goes to w*rk – well everyone except Blue.  She’ll hang around and enjoy getting spoiled by Grandma and her yard guests.  Katie and Alex seem to like it parked here in the driveway.  They like having trees surrounding the coach with plenty of bird activity. 

Take Care Until Next Time  - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment