Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shoofly Pie

So, here we are tucked away in Connecticut.  It was a little challenge backing the rig into position, but we made it in the first pass – no pulling forward, no repositioning.  Sometimes you can slip this monster in like putting a hand in a glove, other times you can’t park it on location to save your soul.

DSCF4892

Yesterday we spent the day hanging around the house visiting with aunt Marge.  It was rainy, but who cares?  It just makes for better napping.  I went out and topped off the fuel tank – diesel fuel was $4.249 here whereas in New Hampshire it was $3.899 (quite a difference). 

When I returned home, I made a nice crab meat pie for dinner.  If you remember, Mike, Peggy, Judy, and I went to the Block and Tackle Dinner in Cundy’s Harbor to have some seafood pie.  Unfortunately, they only had two pieces left so only Peggy and Judy got to have some.  They were nice enough to let Mike and I sample some and it was pretty good.  So I got to thinking that it probably wouldn’t be too difficult to make. 

After searching the internet, I found three different recipes.  Not being thoroughly content with any one of them, I created my own recipe.  Marge, Cheryl, and John liked it and Judy said my crab meat pie was better than the Block and Tackle’s seafood pie.  I guess we can add that recipe to our seafood carte du jour. 

This morning it will be hugs and good byes, readying the coach for travel, and hitting the road.  It will probably take us 5 to 6 hours to make the trip, depending on how many stops we make along the way.

Today we are heading for Jonestown, Pennsylvania where we will be spending three nights.  We’ll go visit Randy and Terry on Wednesday and they’ll come and visit us on Thursday.  It will be great to see them again; it’s been over a month now since we last saw them.

Take Care Until Next Time  - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment