Saturday, January 22, 2011

Our Friday

Yesterday was another outing day – Judy met with one of her friends for lunch at California Dreaming while I went over to Lowes and picked up all the “stuff” that I need to complete “buttoning” up the underbelly of the coach. 

Mikee had suggested that I use some angle iron to replace the banding that Forest River used for supporting the potable water tank so I bought three pieces and all the necessary bolting.  I will, also, install a piece of 1/2” plywood between the angle iron and the tank in order to support the entire bottom of the tank.

The angle iron will require me to lower the underbelly panel an inch, so I purchased some two by two’s that I can use as a frame.  I will screw the frame in place and then screw the underbelly onto the new frame.  Being that the plastic underbelly was destroyed, I will use a piece of 1/4” plywood (which I will paint black) to replace it.  The good news is that the water tank nor any of the piping was damaged in this little episode.

It was mid afternoon before we returned home and we needed to get the house in order for company.  Ray and Pat joined us for a nice turkey dinner with “smashed taters” and gravy, green beans, and yeast rolls.  Pat made a yummy chocolate, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting – a chocolaholic’s dream.

We had a nice evening just sitting back and chatting with them.  I don’t know why, but we didn’t play cards.  They are big euchre fans and a card game generally ensues.  While they were here we made our reservations for our Michigan camping spot for September.  Ray stated that, unlike other campgrounds, they are usually not full over Labor Day weekend so to “come on down” (or, in their case, “come on up”).

After their departure we did a little reading and a little playing on the ‘puter before searching for our pillows.  We found them right where we had left them much earlier in the day.  Alex and Katie joined us and it was “lights out” for another day at the Patterson household.  “Meow, John Boy!”

Take Care Until Next Time - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment