Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Slow Day In Summerdale

I was in absolutely no hurry to crawl out of bed this morning.  It was so nice and snuggy, buggy warm under the covers that they held me firmly in their grip.  I had to literally peel myself up off the mattress and push myself out to stand in front of the coffee pot with hopes that a little java would pump some energy into these old bones.  Aaah, that’s better!!!

It seems that no matter how hard I scrub the roof there is still more dirt left behind and after a rainy day (like we had Monday) it manages to streak the sides of the coach.  We have a rubber roof and it is porous which holds real fine dirt in the pores.  So I spent some time yesterday on the ladder wiping off those darned black streaks.

Katie is all excited.  She’s been watching television this morning and all they are talking about is the engagement of Prince William to Kate Middleton.  So why does this interest our girl katt?  Because Katie heard that she will be known as Lady Katherine which is Katie’s formal name (Lady Katherine of Rose Cottage).  Katie thinks that that is a purr-fect title.

Portrait of Lady Katherine of Rose Cottage - Katie

Something is rotten in the state of Washington, D.C. (Duh, no s---, Sherlock!).  Congressman Charlie Rangel of New York has been found guilty of 11 ethic charges.  What I feel is sooooo wrong is that he gets to keep his job.  If I had conducted myself in that manner, my company would have fired my a— leaving me out on my ear with no pension and/or benefits.  But, he gets to keep his job and eventually leave congress with a full pension including health benefits.  We the people are being secured once again by our representatives. 

“They” have long since forgotten that the purpose of government is to provide a framework of law and order in which its citizens can go about their daily lives while leading a quiet and peaceable life.  Instead they have become Ali Obama and the 535 thieves looking for ways to steal from the poor and give to the rich – themselves.  Disney should take over Washington; after all, it is a fantasyland.

Okay, enough of that little rant.  As you can see we weren’t all that busy yesterday.  Hopefully something more productive will show up today.  So, Take Care Until Next Time - - - - -

1 comment:

  1. Oh but so true Darrell!!! You are so right, we would have been put out on our ears and NO benefits. Rant away!!

    ReplyDelete