Sunday, November 07, 2010

What Time Is It, Anyway?

Here I sit at 5:30 in the morning wide awake so I ask you, why?  Oh why?  Why?  Oh why must we fool around with our clocks twice a year?  That has to be one of the dumbest things that we Americans do.  I hate getting up at two in the morning and fiddling around with the darned clock.   

As far as Miss Judy and I are concerned, we prefer daylight saving time; it gets dark waaaay too early on standard time, especially during the winter months.  There is just something internal to my system that makes me start assuming the prenatal position with my thumb heading toward my mouth once darkness falls. 

Further, our alarm katt operates on standard sunlight time.  He doesn’t have the slightest idea what time the clock says it is.  He just rises at the same time everyday; when the morning light begins to break over the horizon.  That means that he’ll now be romping around on our bed an hour earlier each morning and, keep in mind, that there’s no snooze button on a katt who wants his breakfast. 

There are some people who do prefer standard time.  I once heard that farmers didn’t like daylight savings time during the summer months because the extra hour of sunlight burned up their crops.  Huh???  However, people who prefer standard time are in the minority.

Now all we have to do is convince our Legislators that we don’t want to mess with the clocks any more and that we prefer daylight saving time.  Oppps!!  I forgot, with a Republican Congress and a Democratic Senate there’s gridlock in Washington.  So that dawg will probably never hunt!!  Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to keep getting up and fiddling with the darned clock in the middle of the night a couple of times each year; at least for another election cycle, anyhow!!

Take care until next time - - - -

Honey, what time is it, anyway?

1 comment:

  1. You could always move to Arizona where they don't "do" daylight savings time! :) Oh! And just turn your clocks back BEFORE you go to bed. That'll keep you from having to get up at 2am to change them.

    Just sayin' . . .

    ReplyDelete