Monday, November 08, 2010

Time And More F,F,&F

Nope, I don’t like standard time any better this morning than I did yesterday.  So, it dawned on me that I’m retired.  I don’t have to live on someone else’s time table.  I don’t own a watch, we don’t have a clock on the wall (well, we do but it only tells us what day it is).  There’s one on the coffee pot and there’s one on the micro-wave oven, but who pays any attention to them.  Pure and simple, we don’t have to operate on a time table.

So, in answer to the question, “Is it time to get up?”  I answer, “Are you rested?”  Or “Is it time to eat?”  I say, “Are you hungry?”  Or, “Is it time to go to bed?”  My response is, “Are you tired?”  See, no clock required.  No standard time or daylight savings time needed.

Yesterday Chuck and Kathy pulled in so we had yet another get together (more Friends, Food, & Fun).  This time at John and Sandy’s.  Sandy pulled out all the stops and fed us quite well.  There were brats and burgers, beans, coleslaw, garden salad, and homemade from scratch brownies.  Of course there was Happy Hour snacks and wine. 

So, don’t ask how the diet is going.  If you’re thinking about the fulltime lifestyle, my advice to you is loose weight now ‘cause it ain’t gonna happen once you hit the road.

Today is going to be one of the absolutely positively top ten days this week.  The sun is up with the temps heading toward the 70’s without a cloud in the sky.  And, there’s no wind!!!  Yay, it’s going to be an outside day for sure.

Take care until next time - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment