Thursday, December 09, 2010

“Baby, It’s Cold Outside”

It was up and at ‘em early this morning.  I have a doctor’s appointment at 9:00 this morning at the VA Outpatient Clinic in Pensacola so that meant one of two things.  Either cut my morning routine short or get an earlier start, so I chose the latter and “climbed” outta bed at four o’clock this morning.  Katie thought that I was half crazy, but got up with me anyhow while Judy and Alex just “stood” in bed.

While fixing the morning pot of brew, I glanced at the ol’ thermometer – Brrrrrrrr to the 4th power.  It was 26* outside – that’s not just refrigerator weather, but almost freezer weather!!!!  So much for going south for the winter.  Mikee and Peggy may want to consider staying in Maine a bit longer – heck, we all might be heading north for the winter if this trend keeps up.  Someone up in Canada wanna shut the darned door?

So Amie and Lola were on their way home last night.  Amie was singing, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” while Lola was rocking away to the tune.  When Amie finished singing, Lola asked, “mom, why is a baby outside?  Babies shouldn’t be outside, it’s too cold.”  Gotta love the logic of a three year old.  Keep in mind that they live in “New Hampstir”.  So, yes Lola, you’re right, it’s waaaay too cold to leave  babies outside.

Well, Judy’s going to need a crown put on her cracked tooth.  We pretty much figured that it was a just pipe dream to be able to get away with only a filling.  Norm and I offered to fix it for her at half price (Norm has a Dremel tool and I have some really strong epoxy glue), but she wouldn’t have anything to do with either of us.  Hey, at least we offered to save her some money.

Here’s the latest update on the painting.  I did some work on my own before the class (second photo) and tweaked it a little more during the class (third photo).  I plan to finish it at home over the next few days.

After The First Session

Before The Second Session

After The Second Session

An Island lives on the horizon to the right side of the painting and, maybe, another tree or two live in the foreground.  The lawn hasn’t come in yet and there might be a wooden fence around it once it comes in – who knows?  I’m sure a few bushes will appear (being a Maine scene it might be George and Barbara, snicker, snicker).  Oh yes, there is a small beach down there somewhere as well.  We’ll just have to see where the brush leads from here. 

That’s it for now from our corner of the world so be sure to Take Care Until Next Time - - - - -

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be headed north just yet. It was 15* here in Maine this morning. Waay to cold for baby ... or Mikee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darrell, I am just SO impressed with your painting. It looks great. I would love to be able to draw/paint freehand, but it just ain't gonna happen. So, I'll live vicariously through you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Good painting! You do much better than you give yourself credit. Sounds like I wouldn't head north. However, when it gets below freezing, it's too cold and there's not a lot of difference between the 2 temps... both are too cold.

    ReplyDelete