Saturday, December 04, 2010

Katt Tales

Katie here.  “When I was a little bitty kitty my mama (and dadda) would take me in the camper in them old campgrounds back home.”   Our camper was a 1999 Cedar Creek 26 foot travel trailer and we just couldn’t wait to get it out of the storage shed each spring.

26' Cedar Creek Travel Trailer

I just loved that RV; I called it my Kitty Palace.  It had a front kitchen/dining area with a mid livingroom, a walk though bathroom, and a rear bedroom.  One of my favorite places was on the counter right behind the dinette booth where I could stick my head through the metal blinds and look out the front window.  Another was in the middle of the queen sized island bed where there was another window looking out the back of the rig.  Note that I was in my youth back then.

 Favorite Place Number 1 Favorite Place Number 2

We would travel around the northern portion of the southern peninsula and up into the upper peninsula of Michigan.  Our camping season would be from mid-May to mid-October due to a phenomenon known as snow.  That stuff was horrible, it would stick on everything that was outside and was extremely cold on my kitty feet so I had to stay inside for a whole bunch of months.  Luckily I had a nice big house to run around and play in, but that’s another story.

One of our very first trips was to Houghton, Michigan to visit Matt and Jackie.  They had just gotten married the summer before and were attending Michigan Technological University.  We stayed at the City of Houghton RV Park (the first three photographs are from the RV Park website)

City of Houghton RV Park City of Houghton RV Park City of Houghton RV Park City of Houghton RV Park

It was a great jumping off place for mom and dad to visit the kids and go sightseeing.  They loved to chase after waterfalls and would hike into the back woods looking for them; silly kids!!

Back Woods Waterfalls Dad, Mom, Matt Matt and Jackie Back Woods Waterfalls

There were several other campgrounds that we loved to visit as well.  One was Indian River State Park which is on Burt Lake and another was Mecosta Pines Campground which sits on the banks of the Little Muskegon River.

Our Favorite Site At Indian River Little Muskegon River At Mecosta Pines

Wow, it’s getting late and I have to get busy.  There’s breakfast to eat, toys to play with, and a katt nap awaiting me.  So you be good and dad will be back tomorrow.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment