Friday, February 25, 2011

Reflections At Midnight

Here it is, twelve oh five at night and the whole flam damily is up and about.  Katie, Alex, Momma, and Dad – wide awake.  We were tired so we went to bed early last evening.  I guess the old axiom holds true; “early to bed, early to rise”. 

What to do?  What to do?  It’s too dark to go outside and wax the rig.  Everyone else in the neighborhood is sound asleep so it’s too early in the morning to put on some music and sit outside in our lawn chairs.  We don’t have any wood or else we could go outside and start a fire in our fire pit.  You know how that is?  “If I had some ham I’d have some ham and eggs if I had some eggs!!!”

Even our ‘puters are sleeping.  For some reason we are not getting a signal on our air card so we can’t even get online.  Hmmmmm, I have an idea – spend some time with the Lord!!!

Did you know that He loves you?  He loves you with a love that is far beyond anything that we can ever imagine.  His love for us is as our love for a child (again, only greater than we could ever imagine).  In His love for us, He wants to spend time with us.  Imagine, the creator of the entire universe wanting to spend time with little ol’ me!!!  Unbelievable!!!  Incomprehensible!!!

It’s only right that we fear an awesome and mighty God, but we can rest assured that that awesome and mighty God really loves us and only wants the best for us.  His laws are only meant to bring good things into our lives.  It was never His intent to keep us from the best that this life has to offer.  Do not steel.  Can you imagine how good it would be for all of us if no one stole?  Do not kill.  Can you imagine how great this life would be if no one was ever murdered?  Do not commit adultery.  Can you imagine how much happier a place this would be without infidelity that breaks hearts and brings pain?

Yep, “Jesus love me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so!”  Jesus is God’s answer to my sin problem.  His Son took my punishment so that I could have eternal life instead of eternal damnation.  God’s love for me is so great that He was willing to let His own Son die in my place so I could be with Him forever and ever.  Would I let my own son or daughter die for someone else’s disobedience?  I think not!!! 

God’s love for me is sooooo amazing and yet I don’t even think about it most of the time.  I just go on living in my own little world with little to no time for God in my life.  Shame on me!!!  Jesus said to love the Lord your God with all your heart, your soul, your mind, and your strength.  In light of God’s love for me, that’s the least I can do. 

Reflection is definitely good for the soul.  Maybe I should get up every night at this time, it’s a great time for reflecting.

Good News and Good Night!!!      

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your post Darrell! Thank you for the wonderful reminders. All of us need to read and hear this occasionally, some of us more than others. I am glad you were up in the middle of the night!

    John
    relaxedrush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete