Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back In Murfreesboro

We made it safe and sound.  It’s always good to have an uneventful travel day.  It turned out to be a seven and a half hour travel day, which is long for us.  We didn’t know what to expect at Cedars of Lebanon Stat Park, but were surprised that there were only six other RVs in the park; we’ve seen the park a lot busier in December.  We expected there to be a lot more than that, but it left plenty of nice sites to choose from.  Surprise, surprise.

The munchkins were wired when we arrived, at least two of them.  Catia was just getting home from a hard day’s work at school so she was rather subdued, but not Kalina and Radek.  Radek kept wanting to be picked up and then he would squirm, squirm, squirm.  Kalina’s legs were moving so fast that all you could see was a blur.  She wanted her Grandma and Grandpa to get right down on the floor and play with her.  Matt and Jackie were real coy with them and didn’t let them know that GMa and GPa were coming until the last minute.  That’s not fair, is it?  They just don’t get to enjoy all the pre-arrival mayhem that way.  What fun is that???

We took Catia and Kalina to Catia’s soccer practice; Matt was already there waiting for us.  After watching for a few minutes Kalina wanted to ride in Grandpa’s truck again so we gave her a ride home home and headed home ourselves.  The tired(s) were setting in – our bodies are functioning on the Eastern Time Zone time while now living in the Central Time Zone (in other words, our bodies think it is an hour later than it actually is).

One last thing.  Before we left Ray and Pat’s, I noticed either a hole or a leaf on the side of our front A/C cover.  It turned out to be a hole so I used a piece from the rubber roof repair kit to repair it.  We didn’t want the wind to pull it apart any further as we were traveling down the road.  Anyway, while I was up on the roof I noticed that the rear A/C cover had a dent in the front of it.

Now Judy and I have done some serious head scratchin’ trying to remember anywhere where we could have hit something.  Nothing comes to mind.  Ray suggested that maybe a good sized bird may have flown into the side of the front A/C and then tumbled down the roof into the rear A/C, but there was no sign of blood or feathers.  Somewhere we must have hit something, but where or when is beyond us.  Just one more thing to add to the “Ol Ta Do List” once we return to Rainbow Plantation.

It was 8:30 CT (9:30 ET) when we hit the hay, nite, nite Sleeping half-moon!!!  Another end to another great day. 

Take Care Until Next Time  - - - - - - - 

No comments:

Post a Comment