Saturday, June 19, 2010

How To Obtain Calmness In Life

Here’s some advice that I received from a friend via email on how to obtain calmness in life.  I am passing this on to you because it definitely works and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives.  By following this simple advice heard on the Oprah show, you too can find inner peace.  Dr. Oz proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have not finished."

So, I looked around the house to see all the things I had started and hadn't finished, so before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Tequila, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates.  You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now.  :-)

Now, back to our real lives.  We engaged in our Domestic Engineering duties as well as received our daily grand daughter fix yesterday morning.  Then we came home where we relaxed and entertained ourselves.  I spent most of the afternoon reading while Judy kept herself out from under foot.  Actually she played on her ‘puter, talked to her sister, and did a little puttering around.

“So, what are you reading?” you may query.  I’m actually reading two books at this time (no, not at once, silly); Prophetic Guide to the End Times by Derek Prince and A Patriot’s History of the United States.  I find both books very intriguing; actually, I have a hard time putting them down but, after a couple of hours of reading my eyes begin to blur so I have to take a break.

We are beginning to get acclimated to these hot temperatures, however, it still requires that we move slowly and drink plenty of liquids; therefore, we tend to play inside most of the day.  The temps are supposed to go even higher over the next three or four days – Oh, Yay! 

Just so you know, we’re putting together another “trip from the past” for a blog entry next week.  I guess that’s about it for today so we’ll see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment